Monday, 25 November 2013

Jawbreaker by Joelene Stockman- Review



I have the opportunity to review Jawbreaker by.Jolene Stockman,
It's a book for young adults.  It is about finding yourself, your passion and who you are.
Jawbreaker teaches you accountability. Your brand (who you are) is a very important part of the equation.  The metaphor of Jawbreaker is actually very fitting. Everyone has layers like an onion, or in this case, a jawbreaker. Sometimes, it is not always easy to open those layers. But they are what makes you who you are!


I think Jawbreaker is the perfect book for youth who are undecided on their future or who are graduating from high school. Its message is very important. Jawbreaker is easy to read and very accessible for the average reader. I think youth can learn a lot from reading it , as well. The messages of what to do with yourself and your brand, is timeless.

A couple negatives=overuse of exclamation points, which is just a small editing detail. Also, it is a little compressed. However, it is perfect for someone looking for a quick read.

Goodreads


About the author: 


I'm a writer of books, an eater of wedges, and a lover of exclamation marks.

My YA non fiction, Total Blueprint for World Domination shows you how to design your dream world and make it happen!

My YA fiction, The Jelly Bean Crisis follows a high-achieving teen who goes against expectations to find a dream of her own.

I live in New Zealand and love gravy, fizzy drinks and shiny things. My reviews will focus on what I love. Because every book has it’s own special something, right? (We'll see!)

You can find me at www.jolenestockman.com


Thank you Jolene for allowing me to review Jawbreaker as well as Total World Domination! You are an inspirational writer~ 


Now onto my review of Total Blueprint for World Domination


Goodreads: 

This is is  great self help book for teens and young adults. They are valuable lessons without sending preachy. They are relatable and use characters we are familar with. The advice is simple and clear. Joelne is amazing at engaging her target audience.

Finding your life path doesn't seem so intimidating!

The only negative I can think of is some of the references may be less valid in a few years, but I think many will stand the test of time. As well, the advice is doled out with caring, humour and sensitivity.  It is a perfect book to start your self help collection!
4 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book for teens! Great lessons without being preachy is perfect for that set.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete