Saturday, 7 September 2013

Gluten Free Peach, Nectarine and Blueberry Crumble

Peach-Blueberry Crumble- Gluten Free

So, I share with you, the recipe I adapted (originally blackberry and peach crumble) for peach and blueberry gluten free crumble.
Blackberry and nectarine cobbler
Old Ingredients:
1 lg Nectarine; cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
1 c Blackberries; picked over
1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
2 1/2 tb Cold unsalted butter; cut into bits
1/4 c Milk
2 tb Sliced almonds

(All fruit.com)

I doubled the recipe to feed 5 people:

5 peaches, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about half the size of your thumb(
1 cup of blueberries- stems removed
2c of gluten free  flour
 1ts baking powder
salt to taste
2 1/2 tb cold butter (( used earth balance)
1/2 c of milk, maybe a little more
No nuts due to allergies

First, check your fridge. What ingredients do you have? You can make crumble out of anything. Personally, I am not a fan of heated apples or bananas, but anything else is fair game. I wanted to use up peaches, nectarines and the last of the blueberries (goodbye summer. long sigh)
Next preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Nice and toasty :)  Grease up casserole dish with your choice ( I used Earth Balance)

Then, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Looks like yummy icing. Mix fruit with yummy mixture.  Looking good already!
The 3rd step involves, whisking together baking powder (not soda), salt and flour. In this case, I used Namaste all purpose flour. 

Almost done! Put the fruit mixture into the baking dish. Place the flour on top.  Ooh I forgot to mention I add cranberries on top for extra pizzazz. It worked well!
Next put the baking dish into the oven. Bake until golden brown. 

*Do not leave oven unattended. Please do not forgot about the yumminess. I did this with my second and it didn't turn out so well :)
 Another note, the recipe said to cook for 20 min, I baked for closer 35 min, because of the denseness? 
My Crumble :)
Okay, it doesn't look good, but it tasted good! Bad lighting lol.
And there you have it! Simple and delicious with coffee or tea. Do you prefer crumble, cobbler or pie? 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this, looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing! I was happy with the way it turned it, considering it was my first time making it. Funny thing, I was never a fun of regular cobbler lol. Plus, you can you can use different fruit. :)

      Delete