Sunday, 7 April 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013!! #UBP13

The Beginning
I started this blog last year as a way to fill the time.  I graduated and had a baby. This past year has been a transformation, to say the least. I have grown so much as a person.  From setting up as Avon Independent Rep to deciding to get my postpartum doula certificate. 


This sums it up :)

About: 
This blog chronicles my adventures with celiac disease and parenthood. I do worry whether my son will have problems with wheat- gluten intolerance runs in my family and i have celiac disaease. I know I am not a perfect parent but I am blessed to find the support of people who agree with AP parenting. I love cloth diapers, even though i do not use them 100% of the time.  I use huggies wipes because 'everything' else makes my little one's skin break out. I even tried natural bamboo wipes. I have come to the conclusion that he is allergic- because he reacted to bamboo inserts as well. I like to do reviews of products. I also hosted my first giveaway, which was pretty exciting! I also post recipes and cooking adventures. I am also planning my wedding, so I may have some posts about that! 

I am trying to become green in my lifestyle choices. This year, I went to consume less and recycle more. I want to pay off my debt.  Happy with my vocation. I see a bright future as a doula. And at peace in my family and with other relationships. My family makes me very happy :) I am grateful for each day. This so key to have peace. 


  "Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow."

~ Plato (427-347 BC)


Ultimate Blog Party 2013

14 comments:

  1. When my kids were babies we also cloth diapered and used disposable wipes. Do whatever works for you. My disposable diapering friends thought I was nuts for using cloth. My cloth diapering friends thought it was crazy that I didn't use cloth wipes. In the end, the kids are potty trained and we did what worked for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! That is great advice to keep in mind. We should always do what works for us.

      Delete
  2. It is so nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by my blog via the UBP13.I can remember when my kids were one. Cherish that time, it goes by so fast. Congrats on the upcoming wedding and enjoy it and try not to stress to much about it. It is after all, about the two lives becoming one. Everything else comes and goes in a matter of hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanette! I definitely am :) I am trying not to get overwhelmed by all the small details. I feel very lucky right now.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from #UBP13! Since you have celiac challenges and are gluten-free, we thought you might be interested in our healthy chocolate (not a typo!) drink "Mayesa." Check us out at http://bit.ly/XzM2qB and let's party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Mayesa! I will have to check that out!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, The Mommy Earth. I left a comment there too, but not sure if you'll see so I'll say here also that my littlest brother was also almost 13 years younger than me. It's fun, isn't it? I have such precious memories of him as a little one (sadly, he died in a car wreck approaching 3 years ago). :)
    Have you heard of the GAPS diet? I've been looking into it more recently b/c some in our family (including myself) have some digestive issues. It's really strict but it's supposed to help heal the gut, and leaving out gluten is already pretty strict. I don't know whether there's the possibility it would make a celiac able to tolerate gluten in the long run, but it may at least possibly help w/allergies such as your baby has to wipes? Just throwing it out there in case it could help you.
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! How devastating! I couldn't imagine. I have heard of the GAPS diet but I am not very familiar with it. I am not sure about tolerating gluten but it would probably help with other products. I shall research it :) Thanks for the tip. I hope your family feels better soon! <3

      Delete
  5. Hi, stopping by from UBP13! I am working on going gluten-free again after what appears to be an allergy flare-up and am interested to read your blog! You're also a new mom, which is just awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Aww thank you! I am sorry to hear you are feeling that way. My mom is intolerant and allergic to gluten. She used to get a rash on her face. Now that she has gone gluten free, the rash has finally gone away.

      Delete
  6. Hi!! New follower here, I found you on the UBP13! Your blog is absolutely amazing! I am a new blogger and hope you can come by and follow me at www.mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabth! Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoy my blog.

      Delete
  7. Here from the party and following through FB! I hope you come check out my page, and I'm really loving what I've seen of yours so far! http://www.parentwin.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m late! I’m late! I’m stopping by from the UBP13. I love your 'Plato' quote. I hope you stop by our party for a slice of warm banana bread and cold milk.
    Hugs,
    Cathi
    http://simplesojourns.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete