Sunday, 14 April 2013

Books!

I love to read! Even as a child I always had a book in my hands. I think this was way I loved Beauty and the Beast- I related to Belle being perceived as different because she liked to read.  My favourite fantasy novel is the Lord of the Rings. Followed closely by Diana Gabaldon and Jr Ward books.  As a child I loved Little Women and  Are you there, God? Its me Margaret.  Also, I like Stephen King and Dean Kootz. 

I like having my Natural Cures book on hand. I actually enjoy the majority of books I read for my degree in International Development. Everything by Chinua Achebe's classic to Civil Society and Development. 

I love to read blogs, keep up with relevant discussions on LinkedIn and other forums. 

One of my fave parenting books is by Dr. Sears. The Baby Book. I recommend Brooke Shield's memoir Down Came the Rain about her struggle with postpartum depression because it is brutally honest. 
Fiction: A book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill- I love this because he based the stregthen of his protagonist on his daughtre. I love that and I also get to meet him :)
Three Day Road. I met him as well. Weird fact we are both lefties. Joseph Boyden 


There is so many books on my to be read list that I can't remember them all!  Here are some books I want to add my collection; 

  • my professor's book "Hungry for Change" Farmers, Food, Justice and the Agrarian Question. 
  • Ina May Gaskin's Spiritual Midwifery 
  • many books related to being a doula and parenting
  • And I could probably add thousands more lol


What is your list? 


<!– start LinkyTools script –> <!– end LinkyTools script –>


April Blog Writing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment