Sunday, 24 March 2013

Day 23 Hobbies

It is easily to identify as 'just' a mom and therefore easy to get burned out. Even if you are a career person, it is important to have hobbies. Hobbies reduce burn out.  Hobbies make you happier. As well, hobbies do not have to be complex. 
A definition, "an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation" (from dictionary.com) 

My Hobbies: 

Reading everything: Fiction: Fantasy, Sci Fi, Mystery, Thriller, Historical Romance, Paranormal, Contemporary Romance, Nonfiction: Self Improvement, Biographies, Historical Novels lol 
Websites- There is a lot out there (Be careful of information overload)
Writing: Poetry, journaling- I really need to do more 
yoga: Hard to do with a kid and a dog  lol. The dog wants to make sure i am okay, and the baby likes to pull on my hair and do breastfeeding gymnastics. It does make for a fun time.
Nature walks- I love being outside and I love walking. Now that my little one is bigger, I can take him for short walks, rides in the stroller, to the park and swing (I wish i had a bigger baby carrier, I only have a sling and he is too long and heavy for it) 
Baking gluten free, even with it is with mixes.  
And there you have it: My hobbies ;) I would love to be able to do this everyday but that is impossible. For now, i try to start the day with a yoga practice and finish the day with reading or writing, but it depends on everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment