Thursday, 29 November 2012

Pancakes

Pancakes are the best breakfast food. Lol .These pancakes are what happen when you have a midnight craving. My mom and I really wanted to eat pancakes.

 I just used pre-made batter. I added eggs and water as directed. ( i do make my own batter sometimes) At first, the batter was way too thick so i added a little more liquid. Also, it made the pancakes look a lot better.


mixing batter!


 Once the pan was coated with oil and heated, it was ready for batter. Wait for the bubbles, then flip over and cook until brown.
Frying some pancakes- wish i had blueberries  

  
the end result

Usually, pancakes are done when they are brown and cooked through. These aren't the best looking but they taste great! I love pancakes. You can add any filling you like! Blueberries, raspberries, bananas, chocolate chips- all is yummy.  I particularly like using fresh strawberries and maple syrup that is locally sourced. The only downside is that fresh strawberries/blueberries are only available at certain times of the year. They are worth the cost though. In addition to the great taste, you are supporting local farmers.

what is your favourite kind of pancakes ? Or are you more of waffle person? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment