Friday, 7 September 2012

Comfort Food

Comfort Food

Hey everyone,
  I know its been awhile since I have posted and i want to apologize. I found out something quite terrible- that a friend of mine and my fiance's has passed away. It has really put me off writing for a bit.

In times of trouble, food can play a major role in recuperation. Not only is nutrition vital to our food, it symbolizes a connection to our past and our emotions.  One of my favourite comfort foods is tuna casserole. I know- I'm weird :)My boyfriend made this for me first and it was amazing. It really symbolizes our beginning because it showed his commitment to my gluten free lifestyle.  I also do like chocolate cake and ice cream.

Tuna casserole is incredibly easy to make. I promise pictures as soon as possible :)

Ingredients

 1 or 2 cans of low mercury tuna

1 pkg of gluten free pasta 

1 celery, chopped

1 onion

mayonnaise to taste

salt and pepper to taste

cheese, grated

corn cereal, 

 1) Cook the pasta according to directios, be sure to add salt

2) Add the chopped celery and onion and a bit of mayonnaise, milk and brown rice flour

3)when heated through, add the tuna and mix well. 

4) in a either microwave safe or oven safe dish lay out the pasta with the rest of the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add the cheese and corn flakes.  

5) set the oven for 375 and cook for 15 min or until cheese and corn flakes is melted. about 5 minutes in the microwave

 

 ** you can add or modify ingredients**

a) i tend to use lactose free cheese or try using various veggies

     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment